Communities of practice
Communities of practice are networks of people with a common sense of purpose who work together to share knowledge, solve problems, cultivate best practice and foster innovation.
Communities of practice at Holmesglen
Holmesglen actively supports the establishment of communities of practice. Communities of practice provide opportunities and encourage staff to:
- present and invite discussion on research papers
- review educational methodology and practice
- carry out research that informs their teaching and translate this into practice
- facilitate professional support seminars and workshops.
All faculties have established communities of practice on which Course Leaders can provide further information.
Holmesglen's Higher Education Support Unit also facilitates two communities of practice:
- Work integrated learning
- Higher Education leaders network.