All Holmesglen higher education programs have a defining set of characteristics embedded within them.
A Holmesglen higher education course:
- is designed and delivered using applied learning and student centred principles including project-based learning, case-based learning or problem-based learning approaches
- identifies clear professional outcomes and delivers career alignment
- develops profession-ready graduates
- includes industry-focused content to a breadth and depth appropriate for a higher education qualification
- benchmarks against similar courses in higher education
- exposes students to current discipline, relevant scholarship and theoretical underpinning
- embeds scholarly activity
- encourages learner autonomy
- demonstrates progression of learning towards relevant Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level outcomes by the completion of the course
- provides articulation and credit for Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications into higher education programs
- provides articulation pathways to higher level qualifications
- is subject to a rigorous review and maintenance process incorporating both internal and external moderation and review.