Certificate III in Education Support
|Program length||Full time: 17 weeks|
|Study mode||Mixed delivery|
Apply Online Go
You can apply for this program online through My.Holmesglen. This online application will take around 10 minutes. Your submitted application will be assessed and you will be contacted by the department within 3 working days.
Call us +61 3 9564 2760
Our staff are available to assist with your new application.Community & Transitional Education Department
03 9564 2067
- See also
This program is designed for you if you are currently working, or intending to work, in education support. You may work in various areas including early childhood education, primary and secondary schools, special schools, vocational and higher education and community education.
You will learn the skills and knowledge necessary to support students with their learning. Gain an understanding of the educational environment and the role of an education support worker.
You will be supported to complete 100 hours of industry placement over the duration of the program.
Program StructureAll units in this program feature an e-learning component. You are supported to develop the skills necessary to undertake e-learning.
AssessmentAssessment may be a combination of written assignments, tests, online discussions and work related projects.
- HLTHIR403C Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- HLTHIR404D Work effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- CHCDIS301C Work effectively with people with a disability
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCCS312A Use electronic learning materials
- CHCEDS007 Work effectively with students and colleagues
- CHCEDS002 Assist implementation of planned educational programs
- CHCEDS003 Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- CHCEDS005 Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- CHCEDS006 Support the development of numeracy skills
- CHCEDS004 Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
- CHCEDS017 Contribute to the health and safety of students
- CHCEDS008 Comply with school administrative requirements
- CHCEDS018 Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
- CHCEDS001 Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCEDS014 Support students with English as a second language
- CHCECE006 Support behaviour of children and young people
Recognition of prior learning
You may be able to shorten the length of your chosen course by measuring skills acquired through work, life experiences or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training. AQTF qualifications and statements of attainment issued by another registered training organisation will be recognised by Holmesglen. Please see Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer for more information.
- Working with Children Check
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills appropriate to perform the role of an education support worker.
- Pre-enrolment interview including literacy and numeracy assessment.
Qualification & Recognition
Upon successfully completing this program, you will be eligible to receive the nationally endorsed Certificate III in Education Support.
- Education support worker
- Teachers' aide
- Integration aide
- Education assistant
- Language and literacy worker
- Note taker
The July program commences:
Group 1: Tuesday, 22 July
Group 2: Thursday, 24 July.
This program is delivered on campus over two days per week. You will be required to attend placement in the workplace one day per week, and complete additional online learning activities.
How to Apply
If you have further questions about your application please contact the department:
Community & Transitional Education Department
03 9564 2067
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding to eligible students.
Fees are calculated according to the level of course being studied, and the number of hours being undertaken, up to Government established maximums. Eligible students are able to access a Government Subsidised Place and certain categories of Full Fee Paying students may be able to access an Eligibility Exemption. Assistance is available in the form of a Holmesglen Payment Plan for students who are unable to afford fee payment up front.
For further information please visit the Fees and Charges page or contact the department via phone, email or through the Enquire Now form on this page.