Certificate IV in Hospitality
|Program length||Full time: 12 months|
|Study mode||Full time; Part time|
Apply Online Go
You can apply for this program online through My.Holmesglen. This online application will take around 10 minutes. Your submitted application will be assessed and you will be contacted by the department within 3 working days.
Call us +61 3 9564 2760
Our staff are available to assist with your new application.Hospitality, Cookery and Bakery Department
03 9209 5938
- See also
If you love working with people, food, coffee and drinks, this hands on course will prepare you for a career in the hospitality industry.
With potential employment opportunities in hotels, resorts, motels, function and catering operations, pubs, clubs, cafes and coffee shops, this course will set you up for the beginning of a life long career.
You will experience live learning in our training restaurants and develop your skills in a range of service styles from casual to fine dining, You will also have the opportunity to train alongside some of the best in the business through organised events such as the Melbourne International Food and Wine Festival and Celebrity Chef dinners. These events provide our students with networking opportunities to kick start their career.
To successfully achieve the Certificate IV in Hospitality you will be required to complete all units.
AssessmentAssessment may be a combination of written and online assignments, tests, examinations and practical application projects. Assessment is also available in the workplace for students currently employed in industry.
- SITXHRM301 Coach others in Job skills
- SITXHRM402 Lead and manage people
- SITXWHS401 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXCCS401 Enhance the customer service experience
- SITHIND301 Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCOM401 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN402 Manage finances within a budget
- BSBDIV501A Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITXINV401 Control stock
- SITXMGT401 Monitor work operations
- SITHFAB204 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB201 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITXWHS101 Participate in safe work practices
- SITXFSA101 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHFAB307 Provide table service of food and beverage
- SITHFAB309 Provide advice on food
- BSBMKG413A Promote products and services
- BSBWOR203B Work effectively with others
- SITXMPR402 Create a promotional display or stand
- SITHFAB203 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- SITXMGT501 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITHFAB202 Operate a bar
- SITXWHS601 Establish and maintain a work health and saftey system
- SITXFIN401 Interpret financial information
- SITHFAB101 Clean and tidy Bar areas
Recognition of prior learning
You may be able to shorten the length of your chosen course by measuring skills acquired through work, life experiences or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training. AQTF qualifications and statements of attainment issued by another registered training organisation will be recognised by Holmesglen. Please see Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer for more information.
There are no formal pre-requisites for this program.
Selection ProcessAll applicants are required to attend an interview.
Qualification & Recognition
Upon successful completion of this course you will be eligible to receive the nationally endorsed Certificate IV in Hospitality.
- Food & beverage attendant (waiter)
- Bar attendant
- Food & beverage supervisor
Full Time: 4-5 days per week.
Part Time: Options are available and should be discussed at your interview.
How to Apply
Apply directly to Holmesglen if you are a:
- Part time student
- Full time student commencing studies outside of the February intake
- Non year 12 applicant and only applying to Holmesglen
The application process takes approximately 5 minutes and at this stage, you do not need to provide any documentation.
To apply offline, contact the department directly using the details below. Your application will be reviewed by the faculty and you will be contacted within 2 working days. For further information on the full application process, including how to accept your offer, complete enrolment and make payment, visit How to Apply.
Apply through VTAC for the program's February intake (full time study).
The VTAC codes for this program are:
Applicants must also submit a VTAC Personal Statement via the VTAC website and contact the department to arrange an interview.
If you have further questions about your application please contact the department:
Hospitality, Cookery and Bakery Department
03 9209 5938
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding to eligible students.
Fees are calculated according to the level of course being studied, and the number of hours being undertaken, up to Government established maximums. Eligible students are able to access a Government Subsidised Place and certain categories of Full Fee Paying students may be able to access an Eligibility Exemption. Assistance is available in the form of VET FEE HELP or a Holmesglen Payment Plan for students who are unable to afford fee payment up front.
For further information please visit the Fees and Charges page or contact the department via phone, email or through the Enquire Now form on this page.