Eligibility for Government Subsidised Places

The Victorian State Government announced an initiative designed to give improved access to courses for students who are up-skilling, retraining or refreshing their qualifications at a TAFE institute.

Therefore, Holmesglen now has a number of Eligibility Exemptions for students commencing study in 2017 regardless of previous qualifications.

Are you eligible for a government-subsidised training? 

As part of the Victorian Training Guarantee, students who wish to access government subsidised fees must be assessed to determine their eligibility.

You must bring original documents to prove your eligibility to the Information Office on your campus before the start date of your first class. 

To be eligible you must

  • be enrolling in a program that is higher than the Australian qualification that you currently hold.
  • not undertake more than two subsidised programs in a calendar year AND
  • not have commenced more than two programs at the same level in your lifetime.

If you will be under 20 years old on 1 January in the year in which you are enrolling, and you meet the citizenship/residency requirements you will be eligible for government subsidised fees regardless of prior qualifications.

Visit the government website for more information about your eligibility for subsidised training under the Victorian Training Guarantee (VTG).

Exceptions may apply, contact your campus Information Office.

What evidence do you need to provide to prove your eligibility?

To test your eligibility you must bring one document from category 1 and one document from category 2 listed  below. These two documents must be produced and sighted at the campus Information Office.

Category 1. Australian Citizenship/Residency

  • Australian Birth Certificate
  • Current Australian Passport
  • Australian Naturalisation Certificate
  • Current New Zealand Passport
  • Permanent Resident Documentation
  • Temporary Protection Visa
  • Green Medicare Card

Category 2. Proof of Age/Date of Birth

  • Birth Certificate
  • Current Passport (Australian or Other Country)
  • Current Driver's Licence or Learner's Permit
  • Proof of Age Card