Official Withdrawal

To apply for a refund of fees paid you must officially withdraw from your program by completing an Enrolment Amendment Form which is available online at Student Forms, or can be accessed by speaking to the Administrative staff in your Teaching Department. Once completed and signed the Form needs to be submitted to the Info Office on your campus for processing.

You must return your Fees Receipt, Student ID card and any other Holmesglen property with the Form.

All refund requests are conditional on the following:

  • The funds for the refund must be available (cheques cleared, telegraphic transfers received etc.);  and
  • Any debts to Holmesglen must be paid in full or the outstanding amounts will be deducted from the refund.


Payment Due Dates

Certificate Programs

Fees are due before the start of classes.

To be eligible for a refund you must withdraw within 14 days of the program commencement date. You will receive a refund of all of your Tuition Fees. Excursion fees may be refundable if they have not been committed.

There is no refund if your withdrawal occurs more than 14 days after the program commencement date.


Diploma and Advanced Diploma Programs

Fees are due by the Administration Date.

To be eligible for a refund, or recredit of your HELP Loan, you must withdraw from your program prior to the Census Date.

There is no refund and your HELP Loan can not be recredited if your withdrawal occurs after the Census Date.


Higher Education (Degree and Masters) Programs

To be eligible for a refund of your Tuition Fee or recredit of your HELP Loan you must withdraw before the Administrative Date for the Unit/s of Study.

There is no refund of the Amenities Fee.


Payment Plans

If you have signed a Payment Plan Contract (Certificate programs only) and withdraw more than 14 days after the program commencement date you will still be required to pay the outstanding balance of your fees.


Special Circumstances

If you withdraw after the Payment Due Date relevant to your program because you become seriously ill or for other special circumstances you may be able to apply for a refund or recredit.

For Holmesglen to consider you application you must be able to prove that the special circumstances:

  • were beyond your control, and
  • did not make their full impact on you until after the relevant 'Important Due Date' for withdrawal, and
  • made it impractical for you to complete your studies.

If you withdraw after the relevant Payment Due Date because you changed your mind about studying you will not be eligible for a refund or recredit.

Please apply in writing, attaching original supporting documentation to prove your special circumstances, addressed to The Registrar immediately and no later than 2 months after the Payment Due Date relevant to your enrolment.