Book a PC (MyPC)
MyPC is a computer booking system that allows you to book PCs at the Learning Commons in advance. Logging in with your Network ID and password, you can book any available PC at any Learning Commons branch.
Create a Booking
Go to https://mypc.holmesglen.vic.edu.au/ and log in using your Student Network ID as your Username and your date of birth (DDMMYYYY) as password.
Choose the location where you want to book a computer.
Click on the date box to choose a date you would like to book a PC, or use the arrow buttons to move forwards or backward by one day.
The above colours explain which times are Available and which are not.
Choose a block of time that is available and click once on the time block.
A new window will appear, then you can choose your booking period. Click Save to finish.
A yellow block will appear on the screen displaying your booking.
Edit a booking
Click on your booking.
A pop-up window will appear allowing you to change your start and finish times. Click Save to finish.
Delete a booking
Click on your booking.
A pop-up window will appear. Click Delete to delete your booking.
When booking, the following guidelines apply:
- You can make bookings from any computer at Holmesglen, from your office or home.
- Bookings may be made up to 7 days in advance, for a maximum of 2 hours per session. You can make up to 2 bookings in total, and these can be consecutive.
- Your booking will be cancelled if you are more than 15 minutes late.
- You can delete a booking before your session.
- You cannot make a booking on behalf of another person.
- Booking screens are updated every 90 seconds as new bookings are added.
- You can 'walk up' to a PC and use it without booking it, provided the computer hasn't been booked for someone else or they are more than 15 minutes late.
- You will receive 3 warnings at 10, 5 and 3 minutes before your session ends. The PC will log out at the end of your session.
- You must save your work before the session ends. Use your own USB stick or cloud storage (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive or One Drive) to save your files.
- If you leave your computer unattended for 15 minutes or do not press a key during that time, the PC will log you off automatically and you will lose your booking (e.g. if you go to the printer and take longer than 15 minutes).
- Computers in the group discussion rooms cannot be booked.
- If a student is sitting at a computer you have booked, tell them politely that you have booked the PC. If you have difficulty asking the student to move, our staff will be happy to assist you.