To receive a refund you must:
- Withdraw on or before the unit of study Census Date. For the unit of study Census Date refer to the Academic Calendar
- Complete an Amendment/Withdrawal form
- Return your student ID card
- Return your fee receipt if you paid up-front
- Return any Holmesglen property in your possession (eg. Library books, loaned equipment)
- Up-front payment If you paid your tuition fee or student contribution up-front you are eligible for a refund of your tuition fee or student contribution if you withdraw on or before the unit of study Census Date.
- Payment plan application (full fee programs only) If you applied for a Payment Plan you are eligible for a refund of your tuition fee instalment if you withdraw on or before the unit of study Census Date. There are no refunds for the separate Administration fee charged for the processing of the Payment Plan.
- FEE-HELP or HECS-HELP applicants FEE-HELP or HECS-HELP applicants must withdraw by the unit of study Census Date to ensure they do not incur a FEE-HELP or HECS-HELP debt for that unit of study. If you withdraw from a unit of study after the Census Date, you may apply to have your FEE-HELP or HECS-HELP balance re-credited if you believe special circumstances have prevented you from completing the unit of study. Refer to the Review and Re-crediting procedure.
Holmesglen has a procedure to deal with applications by students to review and re-credit their Student Learning Entitlement (SLE) for the unit of study and remove the HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP debt and refund any up front payment if they have withdrawn their enrolment after the Census Date or have been unable to complete a unit of study due to special circumstances. Read about the procedure here